Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
OK thanks I purchased a Char-Broil charcoal water smoker. The chimny starter that tin?? start in there first to get them going then drop in other coals?? It is a vertical smoker.

thanks Chef

I know nickname chef but have never smoked anything got turned on watching grill master comps on tv.

Last edited:
Do I have to season my smoker before using?? It is a char-broil water smoker vertical just bought it and have never smoked in my life.

Thanks chef

Wipe/spray it down with Pam or something similar, and set up the smoker as if you were going to smoke some meat in it.2 hrs. with temps at 225°-250° should do it for you. Don't smoke any type of food unless you have seasoned it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky