Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jess smoking meat

Original poster
Aug 8, 2020
Hey my brisket is at 204 going to let it hit 210 before i pull it. It for a birthday party at 6pm it 11am now what should i do?

As far as when you finish double wrap in heavy duty foil and put it in a cooler with towels until you are ready to slice it. It will be blazing hot for hours like that

Reactions: MJB05615 and tallbm
Wait for it to probe tender*, let it cool until the internal drops 8°, then wrap and hold in an insulated cooler using wadded up newspaper or some towels for insulation. Check it after 3 or 4 hours just in case you need to move it back into the oven to raise the internal temp. Ideally you want it to be above 150° while in the cooler.

*probing is more accurate than the internal temp. Room temperature peanut butter is the feel you are looking for.

Reactions: MJB05615 and tallbm
As all said above completely correct. Let us know how it turned out.
Welcome from Ga.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky