Brisket to Brisket Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks excellent! But have to admit, that chili really speaks to me! Dang near looks like a thick gravy chili... nummy!

But watch out for those princesses... they'll grow up and drink all your beer lol!

Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw
I was a last min date for a Lady Marine 46 years ago, Charleston, SC. Ya know I may try to get in again in another 4 years.

The "Boats" ball bumper stickers said, "Submariners have bigger balls" Then the date. LOL It was alot funnier back then
Haha, I think I have a Marine sticker that said that too! It’s still funny! Back then you could laugh openly about it though! You’re welcome up here in Va next year if you want to make another Marine Ball again!

Last edited:
Man that's a beautiful brisket!! The chili looks absolutely awesome. I'd dive head first into a bowl of that....but hate to be the bearer of bad news: it ain't a Bowl O' Red :emoji_laughing:

Excellent job JW!!

Robert
😆Thank you Robert! I can take the bad news!

I'm happy with the results, too! Excellent!
With my last brisket I had some parts that didn't slice real clean so I chopped and used in chili.
Absolute game-changer....
Thank you! It is a game changer!

Awesome job, everything looks absolutely KILL'ER!!!!
And just for JJ.

😆😆😆Looks familiar!!!! Thank you!

Last edited:
If you don't mind how much did the brisket weigh before cooking and how long did it take
at what temperature. It does look great and it surely does look like you nailed it.
Thank you! I didn’t copy down exact weight, but around 10 pounds. It took about 14ish hours at 220. That doesn’t include rest time. As everyone here ssys, probe tender with plenty of wiggle room for time

Nice work bud . Brisket looks fantastic . The left overs make great tacos too .
Thank you! Yes, tacos are a must!
Awesome!!!
That Brisket looks Beautiful !!
Nice Job!
Like.
Bear
thank you Bear! Thank you for the like!

That is excellent looking chili. No wonder it went fast.
Brisket chili is a big favorite in this house too.
Thank you! It was pretty good stuff, a new staple here for sure!

That looks excellent! But have to admit, that chili really speaks to me! Dang near looks like a thick gravy chili... nummy!

But watch out for those princesses... they'll grow up and drink all your beer lol!

Ryan
Thank you Ryan ! The chili was actually my favorite. No thickener used! I think the homemade beef broth helped with the thickening with all the good fat.
Yes, I am surrounded snd trying to enjoy the current chaos before it turns jnto the stealing dads Beer chaos! HaHa🤣Oh man!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky