Brisket Time... Finished..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ratchuck

Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
Well been awhile since i've been able and had time to smoke a brisket so here is the the rub at Hour 0..

Rub is just; little honey to make it sticky, Johnney's Salt, peeper, pepper corns, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little blackend spice and a shot or five of AJ on the inside. will update with more pics tomorrow!

8cf28f88_18feb2011016.jpg

Jeff's rub is excellent on brisket! I use it on everything I smoke. Roll a fatty in it before smoking it, it is so good. I planned on a brisket tomorrow, but not in the cards this weekend. Next weekend for sure though.

Well your off to a great start there Rat. Will be interested to see how she turns out. Let us know when intermission is over.  
popcorn.gif

Well Status update.  Think its going to be a good one!  Im trying the old tinfoil rap for the first time. well her is picture of Hour 4 and 8... another slow 8 to go i think we will see! first one is with flashlight haha.  little big for the smoker, but making it work..

b00d48e5_19feb2011010.jpg

fb09847e_19feb2011012.jpg
temp gauge was a little high at 170 but this is right before the wrap of foil tin... The ends look crispy and burnt but was surprised when i peeled a little nibble nabble off.

owh and the tin foil?.. i didnt know what i was thinking last night but put this in after a full day of work and a 4 hour drive lol..

finished product.. turned out not to shabby.. the thin end was little tough but not bad, think this was maybe cause it was all flopped over and not relaxed in smoker lol.. the upper fatty was fall apart Delicious, it was a little dry in some spots but tender throughout. So maybe more injection? and the smoked beans and bacon.. couldn't beat.

61e710de_20Jan2011010.jpg

a5359afa_20Jan2011012.jpg

ff7b805b_20Jan2011011.jpg

b22deab7_20Jan2011013.jpg

Reactions: o0infidel0o
Looks very tasty! Got one in the smoker right now, we'll see how that turns out. Might have to try out some of those beans to go along with it. :PDT_Armataz_01_34:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky