Brisket Time Again

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lovethemeats

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 17, 2015
Michigan
Been awhile since I smoked something with everything going on. Found a great place that has decent meats so I picked up a 15+lb baby. Using a simple SPOG rub just prior to putting in my MES40. Pellet tray filled with Hickory on the first 2 rows and apple in the last row.
Started at 9:30pm tonight knowing how much time it will take. When ready I'll be putting in the cooler to rest a couple hours and absorb it juices back into the meat some. No water in the pan. Temp set at 225°f on my PID unit.
20210702_202231.jpg
20210702_202257.jpg

Been awhile since I smoked something with everything going on. Found a great place that has decent meats so I picked up a 15+lb baby. Using a simple SPOG rub just prior to putting in my MES40. Pellet tray filled with Hickory on the first 2 rows and apple in the last row.
Started at 9:30pm tonight knowing how much time it will take. When ready I'll be putting in the cooler to rest a couple hours and absorb it juices back into the meat some. No water in the pan. Temp set at 225°f on my PID unit.
View attachment 502322View attachment 502323
The trimming is excellent. I'm doing my very very first brisket (12 pounder) tonight. I'm trimming and prepping today and it hits the Trager around 11 pm tonight.

BTW - Being new to these forums and to smoking, what does SPOG mean? I also see MES40 mentioned a lot on these boards - what is that?

BTW - Being new to these forums and to smoking, what does SPOG mean? I also see MES40 mentioned a lot on these boards - what is that?

Yeah took me a while to find this thread when I first joined up. I was like..What?.....What?......LOL!

Jim

Reactions: 912smoker
The site is refreshing slow today . Just saw post #8 .
That's an updates list .

This is awesome! TY so much. You just made my life on these boards much more helpful and informative. Very much appreciated.

Pulled from the smoker around 11:30am give or take. Hit 200°f. Used my instant probe to check other areas. All good.
Before placing in the cooler I let it sit out about 5 - 10 minutes as I don't want it to keep cooking in the cooler. Oh man! Ate some the bits that stuck to the grate. They tasted so good. Can't wait for dinner to come now. Off to the store now for some things.
20210703_112814.jpg
20210703_112907.jpg

Pulled from the smoker around 11:30am give or take. Hit 200°f. Used my instant probe to check other areas. All good.
Before placing in the cooler I let it sit out about 5 - 10 minutes as I don't want it to keep cooking in the cooler. Oh man! Ate some the bits that stuck to the grate. They tasted so good. Can't wait for dinner to come now. Off to the store now for some things.
View attachment 502353View attachment 502354
Very, very nice. I'm jealous :) I start mine tonight at 11 pm

So it appears to be a 14 hour total cook or is does that include the time in the cooler?

Reactions: lovethemeats
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky