BRISKET Time again.. and how I reheat it..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is one phenomenal brisky cook Dave, very nice!

Thanks for the link to the tallow info, that was very interesting!

Beautiful brisket Dave ! "I'd Eat It";)
Tallow is also an excellent leather conditioner/waterproofer.
FWIW
All onions — whether cooked or raw — are a danger to your pet. It takes a very small amount of onions to poison your cat or dog.

Consumption of as little as 5 g/kg of onions in cats or 15 to 30 g/kg in dogs has resulted in clinically important hematologic changes. Onion toxicosis is consistently noted in animals that ingest more than 0.5% of their body weight in onions at one time.*

If you suspect your pet has consumed some type of onion, call your veterinarian immediately.

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Beautiful Brisket, Dave!
I've been using the "peach" paper for Brisket since I watched an Aaron Franklin video a year ago and am totally sold.
"LIKE"
Dan

Thank you one and all for the comments...

MOTO --- FWIW
All onions — whether cooked or raw — are a danger to your pet. It takes a very small amount of onions to poison your cat or dog.

Moto, FWIW.... My dog don't get no onions... Dave is an absolute PIG when it comes to bakes onions.. I've baked them just to eat on their own... I have found NO OTHER edible "thing" that can transform itself from a "ho-hum" to "a piece of heaven" with the application of heat alone.. now you add salt, pepper and butter or tallow in this case and you have gone WAAAAAY above the SPECTACULAR !!! and that ain't no foolin'... Nope, no onion for the pooch.... BUT, I do seriously thank you in looking out for the welfare of my best pal... Not many folks would take the time to do that... So until we meet and we can clink a glass to your generosity... 1 beer.gif ... Dave

Great looking briskey. I haven't done one for a few months, I better get in gear.

Dave,I know all about your onions.Vidalia..pfft. Walla Walla is where it's at -even raw with S&P eaten like an apple:D
Oscar says: Rust ray ro to ronions!
KIMG0173.jpg

Nice job Dave!

How awesome is that Mesquite smoke flavor on the brisket!?!?!!!
I swear I don't think I'll use a different pellet for my hearty cuts of beef again.

What was your your Apple/Mesquite blend percentage?

Blend is a guess.... 70-30... Apple-mesquite... I couldn't tell it was mesquite but the smoke flavor was good... Either the mix was perfect or I should go to 60-40.. or 50-50... I'll think about that... I know brisket has a very deep and rich flavor profile.. That could have overpowered the mesquite... Knowing something tastes awesome and not knowing why, is the sign of perfect seasoning, whether that be garlic, onion, mesquite or vegetable stock... When you say, "$hit that's delicious" and can't quite figure out where the uniqueness came from, You've got it !!!!!

Beautiful Brisket, Dave!
I've been using the "peach" paper for Brisket since I watched an Aaron Franklin video a year ago and am totally sold.
"LIKE"
Dan
FYI - Just finished his book (must read BTW) and he says he uses butcher paper since he is using prime brisket but said to consider foil if other grade... Book even shows his wrapping technique step by step.

Awesome looking brisket! I am dying to do my first.

REHEATING...
We all know brisket can get a bit chewy after all the collagen sets.. It won't bend or flex....
I slice it all first, put in the refer or freezer..
Place slices on a plate, cover with a wet paper towel, into the microwave (steams the meat), and enjoy hot, juicy brisket.. Just like when it came off the grill or smoker....

brisket3 001.JPG .. brisket3 002.JPG ..
In the microwave...
brisket3 003.JPG .. brisket3 004.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: redheelerdog
REHEATING...
We all know brisket can get a bit chewy after all the collagen sets.. It won't bend or flex....
I slice it all first, put in the refer or freezer..
Place slices on a plate, cover with a wet paper towel, into the microwave (steams the meat), and enjoy hot, juicy brisket.. Just like when it came off the grill or smoker....

Nice!!
I did that wet paper towel trick years ago, just as an idea, but I wasn't sure it would work.
It worked great & I often do it now, depending on what I'm reheating.

Bear

FYI - Just finished his book (must read BTW) and he says he uses butcher paper since he is using prime brisket but said to consider foil if other grade... Book even shows his wrapping technique step by step.

Awesome looking brisket! I am dying to do my first.
Got the book, too, but all I do is Choice from GFS and still prefer the paper..

Excellent job I'd say and I like that tip on butcher paper, thanks.

You mentioned this Beef tallow which I never heard of, is that the jelly clearer looking fat you find in the pan the next day after it cools?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky