Brisket the easy way !!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
now as to using thermometer's for measuring meat temps , if your new to cooking /smoking, i can see that you might need to use them for your 1st few cooks but part of learning to cook is learning how to tell when meat is done and after a while you will get the hang of being able to tell how done meat is by both the look and feel of it , in my case after 40 years i have 0 need for thermometers other than the stack temp
Fair enough. However, that does not answer my question regarding grate temperature versus stack temperature.
I don't cook in my exhaust.
So, I prefer to know what the temperature is where the cooking takes place.

ycat.com%2FPlayfulGenerousHorsefly-size_restricted.gif

Fun read!

I'm in the simple camp, but wasn't always there. I jumped hard on the tech wagon when I first started smoking. With time and experience, I've used less and less tech. The one exception is when I'm experimenting.

Briskets? Fire, rub, smoke, time, probe for tenderness. Yeah, I still use tech to monitor chamber temps. And I usually, but not always, check meat temp toward the end of a smoke, but that probe for tenderness tells me more than any digital readout.

My resting period in a warm oven has grown from 1-2 hours to 5. The meat transforms during that rest in a way you taste and feel. Kinda reminds me of spaghetti sauce. It's good at 2 hours, but transforms over 4. Just let heat do its thang whether it's sauce or brisket.
Some of the best advice on this thread ^^^^^

. However, that does not answer my question regarding grate temperature versus stack temperature.
I don't cook in my exhaust.
So, I prefer to know what the temperature is where the cooking takes place.
I'm with you on that. I really see no use in knowing the stack temp since I'm not cooking there either, but I bet Cal will claim to be able tell you his grate temp based on stack temps.

I'm new so I will chime in. From your original post one can't tell anything about how you did it so easy and what changes to the normal process you made to get this result. You haven't helped me at all, in fact, you have confused me.

From a newby, I have only made one brisket, I get no value from your post. It seems like you are proud of your result but don't want anyone to know your secrets.
there is NO secret !!! thats the whole point !!
smoking meat is a VERY SIMPLE process ,( 1) put whatever rub you like on the brisket (2) put it in your smoker and smoke it ( good full smoke ) for a couple of hours , at 225 degrees then let the smoke die off, (3) hold the temp (225) till its done !!!!
it will have a nice bark on it and taste great .....its that easy !!
no reason to let anyone confuse you

Thread is on the verge of being locked. This forum has no rules on providing info or pictures when making a thread. It can be all pictures with no info or the other way around. There is alot of info on this forum, this thread isn't the only one out there for new people to learn from.

Reactions: eaglewing
Thread is on the verge of being locked. This forum has no rules on providing info or pictures when making a thread. It can be all pictures with no info or the other way around. There is alot of info on this forum, this thread isn't the only one out there for new people to learn from.
You do what you feel is necessary, Adam, but the times and temps are not adding up to an hour/lb. brisket cook. You've cooked them, I have, so this is just misinformation for someone wanting to cook a brisket in the allotted time.

You do what you feel is necessary, Adam, but the times and temps are not adding up to an hour/lb. brisket cook. You've cooked them, I have, so this is just misinformation for someone wanting to cook a brisket in the allotted time.
Same for me. Don't care about a pic.....even though he's never posted one. More of an issue with misinformation about cook times and temp. The next newbie that googles brisket will see this first. Guess it should be deleted instead of locked

I have had meat cook very quick, faster then normal. My thing is people ragging on another member that wanted to share is experience.

So you just don't care if something is right or not so long as nobody gets offended. Got it.

Would you want this to happen to you, if you did this? I know you all are going to hang up on me but oh well. This thread went way off topic anyway.

Reactions: eaglewing
Absolutely I would, and if you don't believe that, you know nothing of me.

Cool. I don't know you but believe you because of your interaction with my posts and comments.

for those of you that insist on pictures here are a couple of old one showing my smoker and some ribs i did a long time ago , nothing special about it just a vertical propane smoker .although i will admit it is rather well built , its about 20 years old now

Attachments

• DSCN5658.JPG
    DSCN5658.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN5660.JPG
    DSCN5660.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Nodak21
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky