Brisket Questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

keith4bbq

Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I would like to start by saying thanks to everyone what a wealth of information you have here. Two weeks ago I did my first smoke and I when with Pork Tenderloin and it turned out great. I covered it with side pork and wrapped it in aluminum foal for the last 2 hours. It turned out so most and tender way better then I could have imagined.

This weekend I'm gone to try my first beef brisket. My first question is I will be feeding 30 people manly adults who much meet should I throw on the smoker? The meat I got was a flat well that is what they told me and it was not trimmed. What kind of trimming do I need to do before butting the meet on the smoker? Last question should I wrap the meat some point during the smoke?

Any help would be great.

Keith, Welcome to SMF. Plan on serving about 8 ounces of meat per person. How muck meat they actually eat will depend too on what else you are serving. A caterer's secret here is to have your guest get their salad, rolls and sides (beans, potatoes, etc.) before they get to the meat. I would go with 20 pounds of brisket, this will allow for loss when you trim the fat off before slicing and serving it. If you go easy on the servings, you'll have some for leftovers.

See my post here on doing a brisket. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1555

If you have any more questions, just ask. We'll be glad to help you.

Good luck this weekend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky