Brisket point for chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh yes, as others have said, brisket chili is fantastic! Its a wide open playing field - IMO. once you have a smoked brisket (point or flat) I just chop and add to my goto recipe.

Slight change of plans. Ended up with a 6lb flat rather than a point. I cut it in half. The full flat won’t fit my little smoker. It is rubbed with a salt and pepper coffee rub and ready for tomorrow.

49D89F5F-C5DA-4345-AC20-CC57A486795D.jpeg

It was already closely trimmed with about a 1/4-1/2” fat cap. I’ll setup the smoker at 250 with hickory. I plan to run it until about 165-170 in a foil pan, sitting on a silicone grate, with some beef broth, then cover and let it run until it probes easy. If I screw it up, I have the other half for backup. But, it is just for chili, so I’m not too worried.

I am toying with the idea of pulling the foil cover as it starts to probe easy. I’d like to finish uncovered to set the bark. Ideas?

Wish me luck!

Reactions: Nefarious
Slight change of plans. Ended up with a 6lb flat rather than a point. I cut it in half. The full flat won’t fit my little smoker. It is rubbed with a salt and pepper coffee rub and ready for tomorrow.

View attachment 627908

It was already closely trimmed with about a 1/4-1/2” fat cap. I’ll setup the smoker at 250 with hickory. I plan to run it until about 165-170 in a foil pan, sitting on a silicone grate, with some beef broth, then cover and let it run until it probes easy. If I screw it up, I have the other half for backup. But, it is just for chili, so I’m not too worried.

I am toying with the idea of pulling the foil cover as it starts to probe easy. I’d like to finish uncovered to set the bark. Ideas?

Wish me luck!
IF you allow it to get to your desired IT, a couple minutes under the broiler should set your bark nicely. Just a thought.

Reactions: OldSmoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky