Brisket On Sale...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Winn Dixie is going to have them on sale for 3.99 a lb a Kroger around here would be nice

Cooking for a grad party on Saturday and briskets are on the menu. Briskets in this neck of the woods that are worth anything the last few years are a rarity. Went to Sams today. Prime packer briskets $3.96 a lb. They should be shut down for putting what they had in the bunker cooler on the floor. They had four of them in the cooler ranging from 15 to 18lbs. I would have had to buy all four to get enough yield to feed the 60 people expected. And that's with serving pulled pork and sides as well.

The yield on those briskets may have been 50% at best after trimming. I never seen deckles so big. Stopped at a smaller meat shop on the way home to see what they had. Choice briskets at $3.99lb they had two in the cooler. Worse looking than the ones at Sams if that's possible.

Hit the last place I knew that carried packers. $5.69lb. for choice but the yield would be at least 80% after trimming so that was the best value. I called the customer first to make sure he was all right with paying that and he was so I grabbed two which were their last two and left. I still can't believe Sam's would put that stuff on the floor. You didn't even have to know what to look for in a brisket to know those were just sorry looking.

Reactions: tallbm
Cooking for a grad party on Saturday and briskets are on the menu. Briskets in this neck of the woods that are worth anything the last few years are a rarity. Went to Sams today. Prime packer briskets $3.96 a lb. They should be shut down for putting what they had in the bunker cooler on the floor. They had four of them in the cooler ranging from 15 to 18lbs. I would have had to buy all four to get enough yield to feed the 60 people expected. And that's with serving pulled pork and sides as well.

The yield on those briskets may have been 50% at best after trimming. I never seen deckles so big. Stopped at a smaller meat shop on the way home to see what they had. Choice briskets at $3.99lb they had two in the cooler. Worse looking than the ones at Sams if that's possible.

Hit the last place I knew that carried packers. $5.69lb. for choice but the yield would be at least 80% after trimming so that was the best value. I called the customer first to make sure he was all right with paying that and he was so I grabbed two which were their last two and left. I still can't believe Sam's would put that stuff on the floor. You didn't even have to know what to look for in a brisket to know those were just sorry looking.

Yep I'm sure the ones at WD will be 40-50% fat

$3.47 at Kroger in our area. Meijer has had some nicely trimmed choice lately. Sam’s and GFS have tons of fat.

Here's the ad in the flyer...

1655282451632.png

Well was able to find one small one .
Meat Mgr said they sold 2 cases yesterday and I got the only 1 left and it's a lil guy.
Have some more coming in Friday so may ride back over here if I get a chance.
20220616_112303.jpg

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Nice sale!

In the Dallas area there is a small chain of really nice grocery stores called "Market Street". They have $1.97/lb select grade briskets on sale via digital/app coupon, limit 2.

I'm not a fan of select but I noticed in the past that in their giant pile of select briskets, many seem to be as good as choice grade and they aren't hard to notice.

I already have 2 briskets in the freezer from the week before sale at my kroger so I'm going to skip on these briskets.... I think. Just not enough room in the fridge and I don't plan on grinding them.

Just a heads up for anyone that can take on this deal ( BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma )

Sam’s and GFS have tons of fat.
Just got back from my weekly run to GFS . Some beef cuts are dropping . You just need to get in the stores and look . Decide whats worth your money and whats not .
Packer briskets went down to $3.69 .
Whole ribeyes dropped to $7.99 from $8.99 .

Reactions: jcam222
Just got back from my weekly run to GFS . Some beef cuts are dropping . You just need to get in the stores and look . Decide whats worth your money and whats not .
Packer briskets went down to $3.69 .
Whole ribeyes dropped to $7.99 from $8.99 .
Was in there today to grab a big pork loin for the weekend project. They treat me like gold there since I often will buy out their close out meats. Last week the sold me what was supposed to be 80 lbs of chicken quarters for $50. I picked it up for two friends to split. Ends up it was only 40 lbs as they were odd 20 lbs cases. They gave me the whole $50 back today despite my insisting $25 was fine. Gotta love great customer service.

Reactions: TH-n-PA and chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky