Brisket on Masterbuilt MES-140

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dsloms

Original poster
Apr 16, 2020
Good afternoon all. Began smoking an 18lb brisket at 225 on my masterbuilt. Went for 10 hours then wrapped. It’s been approx 24 hours and flat is still at 180. Any ideas? Or should I just be patient and let it ride until it hits 200?? Thanks

Are you sure the smoker is actually running 225? I’ve heard of people pulling brisket from electric smokers and finishing them in the oven at 250-300 degrees

Reactions: JLeonard
as peachy said what are you using to check your smoker temps don't trust the factory thermometer they are known to be off, as smokingvol said crank the heat up, lot's of people will smoke the brisket 250-300. also wiggle your internal probe around a little it may be stuck in a void/fat.

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks for the response. I increased the temp and ordered some grate clips to put a probe on. Only my 3rd time using it. Gonna do some testing to see what the temps actually get to this weekend. Once I increased it, the brisket finished in under 2 hours.

It turned out amazing. Sliced it around 830. Had me a second dinner. Thanks for the input again

Thanks for the response. I increased the temp and ordered some grate clips to put a probe on. Only my 3rd time using it. Gonna do some testing to see what the temps actually get to this weekend. Once I increased it, the brisket finished in under 2 hours.

You can't rely on a built in Therm to be accurate.
You need a digital wireless set of Therms, so you can monitor the smoker temp & the Internal Meat temp.
And don't even bother taking the built in meat therm out of it's sheath--- It's useless.
I use Maverick ET-73, but there are many other out there.

Bear

I have an igrill2 which worked well for the meat. Has a second probe which I will use for the smoker temp.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky