Brisket on a Pellet smoker w/ Q view.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lexscsmoker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Lexington, SC
I've been a member of this site for a long time but rarely ever post. I have too much fun looking at everyone else's food. I want to start posting more on here so here goes. I did a 14lb brisket that I picked up from Costco. These prime briskets run $3.50/lb here in S.C. I don't have a good carving knife right now but I have one on the way so my trim job is jacked up. Thankfully the only decent picture I got had the salt/pepper on it. I did the basic kosher salt but instead of just black pepper I used Montreal steak seasoning. It is a favorite of the Mrs so I got my brownie points. I ran it at 250 degrees for 4-5 hours then wrapped it in tin foil. I need to get butcher paper but never can remember to do so. I smoked it at 250 for another 3 hours until it got to @ 190 deg. This one got done way sooner than I wanted it to so it sat in the pellet smoker until we ate which was right at 2.5 hours. I've never had one finish that fast. Anywho, it turned out really good. I didn't trim much of the little flap on the point so when it got done, the picture I have looks like an off centered mohawk. These pictures are not in order.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 47
  • image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 49
  • image1 (3).jpeg
    image1 (3).jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 59
  • image2 (1).jpeg
    image2 (1).jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 61
That looks great man! Great bark and perfectly cut slices. I would chalk that up to a win and sit down to that brisket any day!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky