Brisket Maple Bacon Capicola Cheddar Burger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Found brisket on sale here for $1.99lb, grabbed a 15 pounder to grind for burgers
DSCN1204.JPG

Had the fixin's on hand for a unique burger, even a homemade bun
DSCN4089.JPG

Fired up the BS flattop, first off caramelize some onions
DSCN4091.JPG

a couple of thick slices of my maple bacon
DSCN4092.JPG

Get a 10 brisket patty going in the bacon grease
DSCN4094.JPG

A flip and some cheddar, then the coppa
DSCN4095.JPG

DSCN4096.JPG

Put a hat on to get everything happy
DSCN4098.JPG

Start the build with caramelized onion on the bottom with some SBR
DSCN4097.JPG

Add the bacon
DSCN4099.JPG

Pile on what's left, mayo on top bun
DSCN4100.JPG

Sliced in half, cooked just the way I like, to be enjoyed with my favorite brew
DSCN4101.JPG

I'll tell you, this burger was something special, really hit the spot, but I made it thru, no room for fry's. Great thing about grinding your own burger is being able to cook them rare as I like with no worry, been doing it for over 20 years now. This one's a wrap and I'd like to thank whoever takes a peek for lookin' in. Y'all stay safe out there! RAY

Last edited:
Looks a lot better than the one I just paid $10 for! Bet it tasted better too. Jim
Thanks Jim! If I had only one food to live on I'd most likely pick burgers, been a favorite my whole life, and I've been around eatin' burgers for quite some time now. This was top three! Thanks for the Like Jim, I do appreciate it. RAY

Big plate of Happy right there .
Almost enough onions for me

Looks perfect Ray David
Never a burger made here without some caramelized onion, better than candy. No maters or lettuce either, when I want a salad I'll just make one. Thank you for the like David, I appreciate it! RAY

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That's one good looking burger, Ray. Got my mouth watering. Maybe I should invest in a grinder.
Thanks Charles! Even a tabletop hand grinder will fill the bill. Your own fresh ground meat, no red dye, you know what you are getting and can eat it rare as you like, safely! RAY

one awesome looking burger, Ray!! thanks for sharing
Thanks Tbern! The fact that I smoked the coppa really made the flavor come thru, a great way to go! Thank you for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

That's a mighty fine looking burger Ray! Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Got bags to make more coppa, this burger will become standard issue around these parts. Thanks for the Like Ryan, I do appreciate it! RAY

Perfect combo-caramelized onions and meat patty,some sauce and I'm a happy camper. Must not forget that adult beverage!
Thanks CD! A burger without a beer is like a day without sunshine, just not good as it could be. Thanks for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

Jesus Ray, that burger is outrageous!! Nothing short of amazing and done exactly the way you like it. not gonna get any better than that my friend. If I had to choose my "last supper" it'd be a tough call between that burger and a nice steak :emoji_wink: Robert
Thank you Robert! If I had your expertise with steaks I'd probably opt for that too, but alas, you are in a league of your own. I've cut the patty weight down two ounces to ensure I finish things off in a sitting, it was tough but doable! Thanks for the Like my friend, much appreciated! RAY

Ray, the onions count as veggies.
Beautiful burger and just what the doctor ordered.
Full of collagen.
Nice work amigo. Stu
Thanks bud! Not gonna lie, a couple of posts down here in the desert don't exactly roll over, have had my fun this week. Thanks for the Like my brother, you know I appreciate it! RAY

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky