Brisket help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hieber

Original poster
May 9, 2015
i have 2 9.5 LB brisket (I cut 2 larger  15lb down) and need to smoke them -the thicker ends. I am quite comfortable with the prep. My question is as I have only smoked brisket 1 at a time before-is how much additional time to smoke and should i increase temp? i always do the cooler method to finish. I have an electric smoker.

Larger pieces in vertical smokers will baffle the heat getting to anything above it, so I've found it's best to rotate the grate positions every few hours (top to bottom) to even out cooking. Use the mid to upper grates as they generally are hotter with most verticals. A bit hotter chamber temp won't hurt, either, in order to compensate for rotating between grate positions.

I've had 3 grates in my Smoke Vault 24 covered with brisket...it will keep you a little busy.

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky