Brisket Grinding.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Got a 13 pounder that im going to cube and grind for burger meat.
IMG_3676.JPG

Cutting some of the flat so i can makes some Biltong
IMG_3677.JPG

After the slices for my BT , I trimmed and cubed for the grinder. After the trim i ended up with 8 lbs of cubes.
Back in fridge for tomorrows grind.
IMG_3678.JPG

I've heard brisket burgers are amazing! What parts need to be trimmed off before grinding? I've never ground a whole brisket before and was wondering if any & all the fat can go in or if some should be discarded.

The texture and taste should be outstanding. What type of seasoning are you going to use? adding any smoke to the grind first? From looking at that brisket, that grind would be tasty in a summer sausage or any sausage recipe that uses beef/pork combination. 🍻

I find it needs some other cuts plus fat from same added to suit my tastes.
You can't use any of the hard fat and by the time it's eliminated there's not enough left to get to 80/20.
Most folks mix chuck and chuck fat with to reduce the "gamey" taste and make it more like ground beef or ground chuck.

Reactions: Omnivore
I've heard brisket burgers are amazing! What parts need to be trimmed off before grinding?
Brisket burgers ARE good. If you don't trim it'll be at least 70/30. Depending on your preference you can get pretty liberal with trimming fat off of a packer and get a leaner and less fatty 80% mix.

Reactions: Omnivore
Im betting a close to 80/20 grind.

What about trimming the brisket and adding some pork belly? Would add fat and some good taste??

Oh noooooo
Already trimmed and i threw the fat to the gators. No pork for me in it.

Reactions: chopsaw
Course then fine grind.
Ground is in the container.

Im putting bread thru the auger to clean out any meat left behind.
IMG_3705.JPG

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

Going to split with neighbor.
IMG_3709.jpg

Reactions: chopsaw
Nice . Been grinding all my beef from brisket . Nothing else added . Bought one today .
Info on the ( or what looks like ) bag tier .

Last edited by a moderator:
LEM has the bag sealer, think even on slamazon.

When i worked for Cabelas i got a good discount on things i wanted.
10 years old and working good. This is my 7th roll of tape.

IMG_3711.JPG

IMG_3712.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky