Brisket Flat Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
popcorn.gif
 count me in for a little while!!!  Looking great so far!

Kat

The internal temp is going up faster than I anticipated but I think it always does that on my briskets. Up to 125F in 2 hours. Might drop the smoker temp to 240F from the 255F I set it.

Once it hits about 150 she's gonna stall for a good amount of time. Keep that in mind.

Yeah...I hate that period! All briskets and pork shoulders have been different for me. The last brisket stalled around 155F for almost 3 hours!

Yeah...I hate that period! All briskets and pork shoulders have been different for me. The last brisket stalled around 155F for almost 3 hours!
Yep...every brisket and butt seems to have a mind of its own.  Going great so far...keep us posted!

Red

After about 3.5 hours I am up to 150F internal temp. Hoping for the plateau to hit soon or else I will feel like something went wrong!

Alright I'm holding temp at 152F. Very happy. Not going to crutch it this time just to see how it turns out.

Hee, ha. I get a charge out of what happens to folks thought processes while waiting thru the evil stall. :biggrin: It was impossible to leave it be, right ATS? Its gonna come out great either way. Happy smokin'.

Last edited:
Haha I needed the help to get it done so I can go out for a couple drinks while it rests!

Here's the last pic from last night after spending time in the cooler for 3 hours. It was still 150F after that long. The pictures don't really do it justice. Very juicy, tender, and perfect amount of smokey goodness.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky