Brisket First Attemp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mmmmmm. That looks great man. I love brisket. And I'd gladly sacrifice the tip of my thumb for one that looks like that!!

Reactions: Danno44
Brisket looks perfect to me!Sorry to hear about the cut I have cut proof gloves for when I want super thin slices.Heal fast and get back to smoking Points
Richie

I relate to your post on three levels. My last couple of briskets were smoked unwrapped but I'm going back to using butcher paper for the next one. And yep the teeth on home slicer blades are sharp. I've got stuck by mine once Hope the super glue worked on your cut. Trimming the fat is a judgment call sometimes, since there's hard fat that will never render down, and the soft fat which tenderizes and flavors the meat. You want to trim all the hard fat down as much as possible, but leave maybe a 1/4" of the soft fat. I've made the mistake of leaving too much hard fat, which is inedible and prevented bark from forming in those spots.

First time or not, your brisket looks great. And like you, I prefer to smoke brisket over oak.

Very nice, wish I could grab a piece off the screen! Since it's just my wife and I, any suggestions on how to deal with the leftovers? We would probably eat some the next day and freeze/vac the rest in small portions just don't know how well the taste is preserved.

Very nice, wish I could grab a piece off the screen! Since it's just my wife and I, any suggestions on how to deal with the leftovers? We would probably eat some the next day and freeze/vac the rest in small portions just don't know how well the taste is preserved.
Vac seal is ideal and flavor is excellent.
You can add some auj jus, broth, butter or a combo to the bag.
You can also reheat in the sealed bag using simmering water just like sous vide, stays juicy that way.

chilerelleno with your advice I feel comfortable that the flavor after smoking a whole brisket can be preserved by vac seal/freeze and adding au jus. And heating in simmering water I suppose will preserve its moisture.

I am new to the forum and want to say hello.
I am doing my first bristet today. I hope mine turns out as nice as Danno44 's
Mine is a small 3.5 lb. and I am using a 30" masterbuilt electric smoker.
Temp. set at 255 been smoking now for 4 hr.
Internal temp 178. hasn't moved in a while could this be the stall?
I am in no hurry, I just want it to be tasty, juicy and tender.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky