Brisket Chili - Recipe Included

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
I had a few chunks of smoked brisket kickin around the freezer and the wife was getting twitchy about the freezer being too full. Being its winter and all - Brisket Cili seemed like a smart play. Turned out killer! I've attached my personal chili recipe for ya all to enjoy. Its WAY better day two.

IMG_6581.jpg

Ingredients

3 T. vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
3-6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb. ground beef or buffalo
1 can (14 oz.) Tomatoes with liquid, chopped
1 t. salt
½ t. pepper
3t. cumin
1T. chili powder
1T. paprika
1T. Mexican oregano (regular if you don’t have mexi)
1 (14 oz.) can chili beans (pinto in sauce)
1 (14 oz.) can black beans rinsed and drained
1lb frozen Hatch roasted chopped green chili’s mild (Bueno, what every you have in your store)
1 bottle Guinness Stout – just about any beer works.

Directions
  • Heat the oil in medium stock pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion till brown and set aside.
  • Brown meat in a pan, then add to stock pot with onions.
  • Add garlic and stir one minute
  • Pour in tomatoes with liquid, beer, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
  • Stir in beans and green chilies and cook another 25 minutes. Serve with grated cheese & sour cream.
  • Add more salt, season salt, pepper, chipotle powder, chili powder etc. to taste and heat.

That's a damned fine looking bowl of chili Dave. Recipe looks pretty similar to mine, minus the beans. Sorry...being in TX beans are not overly popular in chili. Don't tell anybody but Tracy likes beans in her chili so as often as not, I add some to keep her happy. Nice job sir!!

Robert

That's a damned fine looking bowl of chili Dave. Recipe looks pretty similar to mine, minus the beans. Sorry...being in TX beans are not overly popular in chili. Don't tell anybody but Tracy likes beans in her chili so as often as not, I add some to keep her happy. Nice job sir!!
Thanks Robert! I have heard this about bean and Texans. My son in law is from Dallas - he have made some comments and these and grits. he says "grits are the pits", but I still like them.

Looks damn good! And definitely beans in for us. Thanks for sharing your recipe! We usually make extra so can freeze some for later.

Ryan

Wow I missed my invite also. That chili look mighty fine to me also Dave. My only prerequisite for chili is it has to have chunks of meat like yours does. Chili made with ground beef is considered a hot dog sauce. Bean or beanless doesn't brother me at all - however I usually add beans to mine.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky