Brisket and Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boomer669

Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
After my last brisket a few weeks ago i thought i would try and do a nether one. The last one turned out good. But it wasnt as tender as i wanted it to be. I rushed it last time. Some pieces of the meat were tender and some werent so tender. Here is my first brisket.

Well this time i decided to start it at 4am and let it go all day long and just kinda forget about it. I also decided i was going to do two racks of ribs while the brisket was cookin. So around 11 this morning i put the two racks on. Doing the 3-2-1 method with both racks. 

Heres a pic just after putting the ribs on

So we will see how this goes this time. Last time i checked the temp on the brisket it was at 149. I wrapped it in foil and put some apple juice in with it and stuck her back on the smoker. Sure hope this comes out even better this time!!!

Love this site! Ive been reading none stop it seems!!!

Thanks guys,

Lewis

Last edited:

Lewis

Looking good so far. Remember patients.

Happy smoken.

David
Thank you David!

I just got done eating the ribs.

They were good. But next time im going to buy pork ribs. Didnt get a lot of meat off of these. Maybe it was because they were spareribs. Not to sure about all the cuts of meat but hey i learned a lot today and the ribs were really tasty! 

Well all and all was a good meal. I'll get pics of the brisket later on, I have it resting now wrapped up in a towel in a cooler.

Looks-Great.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky