Brisket - 2nd Attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingriley

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
SoCal
I smoked my first brisket a month or 2 ago. Sorry no Q-view of the first one I accidentally deleted the photos insted of sending them - Damm these new Hytech phones. The first was just allright. It seemed a little tough but was good in flavor. So a couple of weeks ago I was at a BBQ joint and had the brisket and was amazed on how moist and flavorful it was, i knew I had to try it again. So I went to Sam's club and picked up a nice 5 pound flat brisket. It was already trimmed. I wanted to go for a packer but couldn't find one. Everywhere it was special order only.

I decided to inject the brisket with butter and creole marinade and rub it with Jeff's rub. Let it set for a little over 24 hours and rubbed it again while pre heating the smoker.

I put her in a 3:00am. Smoked it in the MES with a mixture of pecan and Jack Dainiels Oak chips until it hit 165. I then foiled it with a splash of beer and apple juice. Brought it up to 195 wrapped it in a towel and into the cooler for resting.

Sliced it up and before I was able to grab the camara it was almost gone.

This was by far the best smoked meat I have ever made or had! It was so moist I could have cut it with a butter knife. The flavor was awesome. So Thanks to all the people in this forum who post and comment there ideas and recipies. This put a big smile on my face. Job well done!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I usually take mine out at 195 for pulling. I did one at 205 and it seemed a little mushy so went back to the 195. Looks like you've got it figured out now though. To pull it, I'd just leave it for another 5 - 10 degree rise. Looks great.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky