Brinkmann Smoke N Grill Professional-Smoker Mod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I plumbed my needle valve up to the front for the sake of convenience but no matter where you put it, function is the same. SEMIsmoker, here's a simple mod I did to control my smoke and temp.....
All I did was separate the "brackets" from the tray and drill a hole in each tab. Then cut some stainless tubing about 1 1/4" long and stuck some bolts through to hold it. Use extra long bolts for further adjustability. And I prefer to skip the stock chip box and use tin foil.
For my chips, I like to mix some fine Smokehouse chips with some coarser chips. Once the fine ones get going it helps to keep the coarser chips burning longer when using a smaller flame at the burner.

As I mentioned before I have the NG conversion... I did the mod above to lower my wood chip platform, I removed the low stop(installed with the NG mod) and used ventilation duct tape to cover the front half of the burner holes.  This allowed the thermocouple to stay warm as I kept the gas lower.  I am able to keep the temp low in the range, the only drawback is only 2/3 of the smoke chips are smoking.  I just need to rotate and replenish chips as I add water.

Great on your mods and cooks. One suggestion on the Beer-Butt Chicken. Try upping your cooking temp to around 325 - 350 which will result in crispy skin. And the cook will be quicker too!

Drip

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky