brink-vert mod---work's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerkyaddict

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 13, 2008
new jersey
i'm new here but i might have a helpfull mod for any vertical smoker.....
i bought the two door brinkmann from the "depot" cooked it a few time's
and realized a heat issue and coal ash was the cause . i being the thrifty
wanna do better smoke devised a simple coal bowl to help . you can use mesh metal or hole punched type , i did the hole version cause it's what i found available right quick . i have a cheap welder so i could fab mine myself.......however if you have a metal shop anywhere around this should not cost so much to get done for you.....if you have slide in rack type this is even better yet !!!! remember the fire ring should not be larger then your water bowl......cause fat drip's on the coal's is a no no ....make's flare ups in the fire pan.....changes heats and smoke too.......i can give exact measurements for my style unit only . if you bullet or egg you will need to re-spec this mod . so all in all if you mesh or hole style it drop's ash and does not smother your heat , how-ever this makes the need to watch your temp's a tad more....with the fire coals being more open to air
you will have to adjust venting and chunk's according to smoker !!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky