Brining babybacks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stifun

Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
Hi, my name is Mick and I've been a member of this forum for quite some time but have never posted until now. I have a question about babybacks.

A friend of mine says that he brines his babybacks and they are the best thing since sliced bread, however, I looked all over this site for brining and nothing is mentioned concerning babybacks.

What is everyone's opinion about brining babybacks.

Thanks

edit: This is a great site for the rookie smoker like myself.........tons of great info.

Never done that. Might be interesting. Do you have your friend's brine recipe to share with us?

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

I like baby back ribs, I think they are more delicate than regular ribs, and sweeter, however they donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have as much meat on them. As far as brining, I have found brining doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t really enhance pork/beef as well as poultry (a totally different story!) especially something with the density of ribs (itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s in the rub) Thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s my 2 shekels worth! :roll:

Hi mick im new to the site also I soak my ribs in apple juice for 3 hrs then rub them down and smoke them at 220 degrees. Depending on how many racks of ribs I have usually kepp them on about 7 hrs.

Thanks for the replies......it looks like brining isn't going to be in the future for me with the ribs, but I like your idea of soaking them in apple juice mssmith. I might just give that a try. Thanks Mick

Ya might want to get a spray bottle to put apple juice in and mist your ribs everytime you open the smoker, thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a real popular technique here!
wink.gif

I've read about some of you guys doing that, but, I was always afraid to try it because I thought the ribs would burn.

i usually soak mu ribs and just about everything else i smoke in water with the juice of about three lemons for about a n hour this has worked wonders for allowing the meat to accept the various seasonings and rubs. the tenderness and flaver of the meats is very noticeable. it really is noticeable when i dont use this method. also a little kosher salt in the mix works well too. wildcat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky