Breakfast Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dog1234

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Breaux Bridge, LA
Hello Team,

I have some breakfast sausage seasoning i purchased from a local supplier down here in South Louisiana. It is pretty good but can be better.

It is lacking what I call the breakfast seasoning flavor.

My question is what are the ingredients that make the meat taste like Jimmy Deans? Not sure if this clear or not. I would like to add a little more of what ever seasoning it needs.

JckDanls

Thank you for the response. I was considering adding more to their seasoning in stead of starting from scratch, but I don't know who much they add to begin with. I guess after looking at the receipt you attached a little goes along way.

just start with a tsp of Sage per lb of the ground meat... make a little mini test patty and fry it up... if still not enough Sage.. add another tsp of sage another little fry test .... until you like it..... you get the idea... write it down as you go so when you reach your goal... you'll have it in writing....

better yet.. do the research using a half tsp at a time....

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky