bratworst

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salmonclubber

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
forks washington
hello everyone
i just did 13 pounds of bigwheels lonesome yankee bratworst it turned out pretty good even though i made a mistake by putting in three tablespoons of cayane pepper instead of three teaspoons of cayane but it still turned out pretty good not as hot as i thought it was going to be the wife and kid liked it they did not complain about it being to hot i ended up with 45 nice links i forgot to take some pictures so i cant post them well you guys have a happy new year bye
salmonclubber

UHHHH I hate it when I forget to take pictures.

I just started a electronic note pad of my work so that I have the recipe and pictures altogether and will help me remember what I made and how to improve the next time.

yo larry dude
here is the recipe that i used for the brats you can also use a cup of beer instead of water i did not use the teaspoon of msg i just added one more teaspoon of table salt enjoy

Recipe: Bigwheel's Lonesome Yankee Bratwurst
Similar Categories: Bigwheels, Lonesome, Yankee, Bratwurst

Bigwheel's Lonesome Yankee Bratwurst

1 pork butt -- (5-7 lb)
1 cup water
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons rosemary
1 teaspoon msg
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon black pepper -- (fine grind)
1 big pinch ground nutmeg
1 small pinch ground cloves
hog guts

Mix all spices into the liquid and place in the freezer while you debone the butt and cut the meat to fit the grinder. Pour spiced liquid over the cut meat and mix well.

Run through med or fine plate and mix well again. Stuff into the guts and twist into links about 5" long.

BY: Jeff Wheeler

Jeff's a good guy. I've had the pleasure of talking with him at cook-offs. He has quite a few tasty recipe's (maybe enough for a cook book
wink.gif
). And he makes a pretty mean pot of chili. 8)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky