Bradley smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeaholic502

Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
Louisville KY
I have an original Bradley smoker and I dont really trust the temp gauge on it. Has anyone changed their temp gauge on theirs? What's a good brand? What's a good size? Help please.

I have an original Bradley smoker and I dont really trust the temp gauge on it. Has anyone changed their temp gauge on theirs? What's a good brand? What's a good size? Help please.
Regardless of the brand of smoker, I think most temp gauges are not very accurate. Most folks around here use temp probes like Maverick ET-732 or the Thermoworks Smoke. They have a probe for meat and a ambinet probe for the smoker temp.

Reactions: smokeaholic502
i have a auber PID... works great , within 2-5 degrees of set point temp, and then it also will make its own adjustment to the smoker for better heat control at your previous set point of the temp.Then from there you can compare the temp gauge temp to the auber PID , it will take 40-mins or so for the temp gauge to reach its temp.it works great , i actually wish i had one these a long time ago , would saved alot of fooling around

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky