Bradley P10 Guidance/Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Central PA Redneck

Original poster
Oct 10, 2022
Good day, all. Hoping to connect/gain input from those who use electric smokers. I am using the Bradley P10, and really enjoy it. I did some baby backs over the weekend, 3-2-1 method, at 225. Desired internal temp 180-190, looking for fall off the bone. I had 2 racks, each cut in half- so 4 pieces. At the end of the last hour, only 1 of the 4 was at 180- the other three were less than 155. The one that was "done" and perfect (at 180) was positioned on the lowest rack and to the left- right above the burner, I think... So the question(s)- is there a trick to getting an even temperature throughout? Should I avoid placing items in that position and increase the overall temp to achieve 180 in all positions by the end of the 3-2-1 cycle? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

With that long of time, I would have thought all would have been "falling off the bone." For folks that like ribs that tender, for BBB use 2-2-1. Rotating the racks around a few times would also be a good idea. I think your smoker was running less that 225. Do you have a temp probe separate from your Bradley? The rack closet to the burner got the most heat and was done. So the rest of your smoker was at a lower temp. Your done ribs probably went way above 180, then back down. Ribs are done in the 190 ish to 200 range. With higher temps more tender, less tug when you bite.

Reactions: dr k
Not familiar with bradley smokers. I don't care what anyone says, I have a therm in the middle third between ribs with an alarm at 195 naked the whole time, no water in the pan at 275 at food level. Then pull them when the alarm alerts me to check when the instant read goes between the ribs with no resistance regardless of what it reads for a perfect bite clean off the bone but meat on both sides of the bite. Same with butts and brisket at 203 IT but pull it out when the center is probe butter smooth. The alarm tells you to probe for tenderness,

I do not own a Bradley but have experience with other electrics.I avoid using the very bottom rack unless doing whole chickens/turkeys "beer can" style (vertical on a stand).

Just did some reading up on The P10,its PID controlled with dual probes.Setting and maintaining temps should be accurate but it all depends on the location of the probe that's measuring chamber temp.

Is the probe that measures chamber temp mounted?If so I'd use a separate therm to measure what the temp is actually where your food is.Pretty sure you'll find some big temp differences near the bottom rack compared to racks above it which is kinda why I avoid using the bottom rack unless you want something done quicker than everything else or cooked to higher internal temp than the food above it.

If the Bradley probe that measures chamber temp is movable and accurate then just use that to measure temps in various areas of the smoker but I'd still recommend a separate good quality multi probe therm.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky