BOY DO I LOVE CRAIGSLIST!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bcfishman

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 2, 2008
Brevard County FL
Pretty regularly I peruse Craigslist and search for key words.

Things such as stainless, commercial, hydraulic, etc.

2 days ago I found an ad that read...

Title: "huge prosfessional brand from sams club bbq stainless - $75 (merritt island)"

Body: Works great, needs to be cleaned. Paid over $1100 from Sams.

I asked the lady to send me a picture.

She told me it worked well, and that it needed a really good cleaning, that it was really dirty.

When I got there to pick it up, it was obviously dirty and very neglected.

After 4 hours of cleaning, I am extremely happy with my purchase.

Cooked steaks, chicken and sliced zucchini.

It cooks like a champ and is a heck of a lot better than my old home depot special - hand me down.

I checked online and the listed price when it was sold was between 800 and 1000.

75.00 sounds like someone had a divorce. Anyhoo you lucked out.
icon_cool.gif

I'm a total Craigslist stalker - check in every few days with current wants.  Got my pro-type grill there (Lynx w/ side burner-they were switching to a BGE) and my cookshack smokette!  It's so fun to score a deal!

You need to look at a site called craiglook. You can set it up with your key words and it will send you emails when something gets posted that meets your search. It works really well.  I have it set up looking for a used commercial meat slicer.

Last edited:
My bad.. after I posted I found out craigslist had them shut down the craiglook site. They are going to try to work something out.... Sorry!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky