Bourbon and Black Pepper ground beef jerky.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wobblehd

Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
Utah
I finally have a new MES 30, and for my first project I chose ground beef jerky. Trial run for smoker and recipe.

I looked EVERYWHERE for a Bourbon and Black Pepper ground beef recipe. No luck. A ton of recipes for whole muscle, but not ground. After looking around, here is what I chose.

2 lbs. very lean ground beef

1/3 cup bourbon

1/3 cup soy sauce

1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce

1/3 cup unsulfered full flavor molasses ( with rabbit on label)

2 Tables. Honey

1 tea. garlic powder

1 tea. onion powder

1 tea. salt + more once extruded

2 tea. black pepper + more once extruded

1/2 tea. coriander

2.2 grams Prague powder #1

I put everything except the cure in a saucepan reduced by half, let cool, and mixed that and the cure into the meat. Sometimes I remember to take pictures...but not until in the smoker. After reading Cougar78, Bearcarver and a few others posts, I chose to preheat smoker to 140.

Put jerky in at 140 for an hour, then put smoke to it at 150 for 2 or so hours. Then MES to 160 and get jerky to 155 temp.

There (hopefully Q-view is working) is jerky after drying, with amznps in bottom, ready to go.

Time to set it to 160 to get jerky to temp.

Now into the dehydrator. Took a couple hours but now its done.

And my feeble attempt at a Bear view.

Last edited:
Reactions: themule69
It looks tasty. When I make sticks I do all of it in my MES. I start at about 110° and bump the temp up every hour untill finished.

points.gif

Happy smoken.

David

My mouth is watering!! Looks awesome, hoping it tastes awesome! 

Reminds me of the bourbon and black pepper jerky i saw today at the gas station. It was Dukes brand? Have you tried that?

Ps . I would rather eat yours though :-)

Themule69, thanks for the suggestion on temp. I tried that sunday (made some more) and it worked great.

Thanks for the replies. I have tried Duke's, I prefer this...a LOT cheaper too. Turned out very tasty.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky