BOSTON BUTT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richard weaver

Original poster
Mar 2, 2012
lancaster ohio go bucks
I STARTED CURING A BOSTON BUTT 6LBS 4 OZ ON 8 29 2012 AND TOOK IT OUT OF FRIG TODAY TO COLD SMOKE . it was blood red more so when i started curing same cure as always and weighet the cure it did not cure i have never had any problems coying any other meat , i am afraid to smoke it it has to had time to cure .i also cold smoked a pork loin last sat for 17 hrs i think cold smoking makes the meat taste better .thanks richard learing but slowly

i deboned it and never saw anything like it it was blood red ,i still have it in freg but in looked at it again today and still blood red i hate to throw it out but i am afraid to smoke it or use it ,ps i have another one curing and it looks fine still ten days to go on the second one .thanks would you use it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky