Boston butt and Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

waterski

Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
My first "all-nighter" going down tonight. I am still quite new to smoking, but would like to try both a Whole brisket and a Boston Butt at the same time. Does anyone here foresee any problems in doing such? I will of course also be throwing some fatties and Dutch's beans on as well.

BTW, my wife thinks I'm a bit crazy for staying up all night, but I am looking forward to it. However, I will probably end up falling asleep tomorrow afternoon right about kickoff time and miss the entire game, thank goodness for the DVR, it might just be a life-saver for such an occasion.

GO BLUE!

I ususally do 2 butts and a brisket when I cook. I like to vacuum seal and freeze a bunch at a time so I can have quick meals whenever I want.

My wife thinks I'm nuts for taking pictures of the food and posting them here.

I'm just a couple steps behind you.....my wife will be thinking the same thing tomorrow after I snap a few pics.

congratulations on your first all nighter, i have yet to do that. sounds like your going to have a pretty busy night.

pics are good, she just dont understand.....its a smoking thing.

Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

I didn't remember to take a picture when the meat was done, so you will have to take my word for it, it was delicous, a proud moment for me. It dawned on me to take a picture after the meat had been cut up, but it just wouldn't have been the same. I did get a few "before" pics though. I am not sure who enjoyed the process more, myself or the dogs.....

I have to confess, once the brisket was foiled, the meats went into the oven to finish so I could get a quick nap before the game.

Buzzard, enjoy the victory, until they meet again.......... :roll:

Edit: I tried to attach the pics, but the file sizes are too large. I'll have to figure out how to make them smaller and try again.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1951

that is a link to an easy to use image resizer. because of this site i also started setting my camera at the lesser setting and to be honest i havent really seen a difference from when i had it at the best setting. yea if i am blowing up the pic i can tell but i really dont blow them up much.

i think it is a crock that michigan got bumped to #3. their a better team then that. they will be #2 soon and will play the Buzkeyes for the championchip. then i will be scared, not sure if we can beat Michigan 2 times in one season.

maybe we can place a bet on that out come.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky