1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Boston butt and Brisket

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by waterski, Nov 17, 2006.

1. waterski

waterski Newbie

My first "all-nighter" going down tonight. I am still quite new to smoking, but would like to try both a Whole brisket and a Boston Butt at the same time. Does anyone here foresee any problems in doing such? I will of course also be throwing some fatties and Dutch's beans on as well.

BTW, my wife thinks I'm a bit crazy for staying up all night, but I am looking forward to it. However, I will probably end up falling asleep tomorrow afternoon right about kickoff time and miss the entire game, thank goodness for the DVR, it might just be a life-saver for such an occasion.

GO BLUE!

2. ma?tley ca 1/4 e

ma?tley ca 1/4 e Meat Mopper OTBS Member

I ususally do 2 butts and a brisket when I cook. I like to vacuum seal and freeze a bunch at a time so I can have quick meals whenever I want.

My wife thinks I'm nuts for taking pictures of the food and posting them here.

3. waterski

waterski Newbie

I'm just a couple steps behind you.....my wife will be thinking the same thing tomorrow after I snap a few pics.

4. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

We love pics!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

5. buzzard

buzzard Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

congratulations on your first all nighter, i have yet to do that. sounds like your going to have a pretty busy night.

pics are good, she just dont understand.....its a smoking thing.

Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

6. waterski

waterski Newbie

I didn't remember to take a picture when the meat was done, so you will have to take my word for it, it was delicous, a proud moment for me. It dawned on me to take a picture after the meat had been cut up, but it just wouldn't have been the same. I did get a few "before" pics though. I am not sure who enjoyed the process more, myself or the dogs.....

I have to confess, once the brisket was foiled, the meats went into the oven to finish so I could get a quick nap before the game.

Buzzard, enjoy the victory, until they meet again.......... :roll:

Edit: I tried to attach the pics, but the file sizes are too large. I'll have to figure out how to make them smaller and try again.

7. buzzard

buzzard Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1951

that is a link to an easy to use image resizer. because of this site i also started setting my camera at the lesser setting and to be honest i havent really seen a difference from when i had it at the best setting. yea if i am blowing up the pic i can tell but i really dont blow them up much.

i think it is a crock that michigan got bumped to #3. their a better team then that. they will be #2 soon and will play the Buzkeyes for the championchip. then i will be scared, not sure if we can beat Michigan 2 times in one season.

maybe we can place a bet on that out come.