Boston Beef Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

veener88

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 16, 2006
Northern IL
I am just wondering we got a botson beef roast and have always done it in the oven. I am just wondering is there any way to cook this on the smoker or even do a half and half between the oven and the smocker. I thought would ask and see instead of just doing the normal oven cooking.

yo ,
i've never heard of a boston beef roast.

from what primal cut is it taken??

what is weight??

if its anywhere from the clod [english cuts]
or chuck [american cuts]
its great in smoker.....

most of my smokeing is for just me and my honey.
instead of 10 lb + brisket,
we like 4 lb chuck roasts.
it doesnt take as long to finish ,
i like it at 175 f
on this cut i foil at 135/140 f.

as a matter of fact tomorrow [sunday]
im doing a 3.5 lb chuck roast and
a 3.5 rib half pork loin.
both are boneless.

also im trying sawdust instead of chips.
i usually use mesquite with beef --
but only have hickory sawdust.

veener88-You have me stumped with this one. I'm thinking that this might be a "Regional". Without seeing a picture of this type roast, I'd be hard pressed to say where this cut of roast comes from. I'm thinking that this might be a form of a chuck roast.-Just my $.02. :?

It is a chuck cut called Cross Rib roast or Boston Beef roast, sometime an English cut roast. Normally it will be found boneless.
Jim

Thanks, Jim. Boneless Cross Rib Chuck Roasts I'm familiar with.

I like to put them into the freezer until the firm up a bit and then slice them about one inch thick. Sprinkle 'em with some Montreal Steak Seasoning and grill 'til they are Med. rare and I'm happy, happy. Course the wife likes hers cooked through and through. :roll:

veener, check through the Beef threads, I know there some Smoked roasts threads out there. I do a 3-4 pound chuck roast about once a month in an aluminim pan with carrots, 'taters and onions.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky