1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Books with more than recipes?

Discussion in 'Smoking Books, Videos, Magazines' started by illini40, Aug 12, 2018.

1. illini40

illini40 Meat Mopper

Any good book recommendations that are more than just a cook book with recipes?

I'm interested in techniques, equipment, knowledge, etc. - more so than just recipes.

For reference, I read Meathead, by Meathead Goldwyn, and I really enjoyed it.

2. genek

genek Smoke Blower

Not smoking related but a good one on cooking:

The food lab
    J. Kenji Lopez-alt

He has a degree from MIT and is science oriented.

GeneK

3. I got a lot of great information from the Barbecue Bible from Steven Raichland. He talks about a bunch of global techniques of grilling and barbecue. Discussed lots of spices and how to do things like making your own smoked salt. I found it to be very entertaining and informative at the same time.

George

4. Danno44

Danno44 Newbie

I’m 1/2 way through Aaron Franklin’s Meat Smoking Manifesto. I find it a good read so far and gets into plenty of detail from woods to smoker set up. As well as how he started.

5. illini40

illini40 Meat Mopper

Thanks for the reminder. I think I have this book (borrowed), and I never really dug into it. I'll check it out.

Awesome - thanks for the recommendation. I forgot about his book.

6. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member