Bookmark issue on new posts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lamar

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Bridgton Me
I can bookmark new posts, but when I come back later, the bookmark returns to the same place, not at the top of the latest posts. Otherwise. the system seems to work well. Good job guys.

I can bookmark new posts, but when I come back later, the bookmark returns to the same place, not at the top of the latest posts. Otherwise. the system seems to work well. Good job guys.

Hi there, to resolve, you need to update your bookmarks to the new URL structure then go to the latest post when you visit.

Another tip: Go to My Activity under Forums to go visit the latest activity of the thread. Thanks!

I go to forums.....new posts and bookmark. It bookmarks that page and hours later, the same page comes up. I want my bookmark to open to the the latest post. Help please.

The results are the same. It seems to bookmark a single page and never changes to show new posts.
thank you for working with me on this.

I think I have found it. I went to the address you sent http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/index.php?find-new/6689/posts and the new posts came up. When I bookmarked that page it returned to the same posts. I noticed the 6689 number had changed so I edited my bookmark to 6689 and it seems to be working now.
I will keep checking and advise back if it does not work.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky