Boneless/Skinless Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking meal.

We got a package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs by accident doing grocery pickup. I couldn't decide what to do with them so I banished them to the deep freeze. Now I have a plan on what to do with them. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Eddie. Give it a try and let me know how you like it...

Man nice meal! I’d say hard to beat thighs in a creamy shroom sauce. I always loved beets growing up. I’ve not used beetroot before, does it taste like beets?

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I had some in the freezer and after looking around on here and the interweb, I decided on a recipe I found on eatwell101...Garlic Chicken Thighs in Creamy Mushroom Sauce. Biggest change I made was grilling the thighs instead of pan frying. Here we go...

The lineup...

Thighs seasoned with course salt & fresh cracked black pepper...
View attachment 640643

Diced onion, 3 cloves chopped garlic, sun dried tomatoes, sliced mushrooms. Heavy cream, unsalted chicken broth, and grated parmesan cheese not in the picture...
View attachment 640644

Grilled the thighs over lump until cooked and a char on both sides. About 5 minutes on each side...
View attachment 640645

Sautéed mushrooms in olive oil and butter until browned on both sides. Added the garlic for a couple of minutes then the onion and cooked until translucent. Next added the drained tomatoes for a few before adding a couple of cups of unsalted chicken broth...
View attachment 640647

After reducing for a few minutes, reduce the heat and add the heavy cream and simmer for a couple of minutes until it thickens. Stir in the parmesan cheese and taste for seasoning. Once the cheese has melted, add in the chicken...
View attachment 640648

Next up is fresh beets. Peeled the roots and cut into ~1" cubes, chopped the stalks, separated and washed the greens...
View attachment 640649

The roots were coated with EVOO, course salt & cracked pepper, and roasted in a 450℉ oven until tender and slightly browned on the edges. The stems were sautéed in EVOO until tender then the greens were added until they wilted. Seasoned with course salt & cracked pepper...
View attachment 640650
View attachment 640651

Boiled up some pasta for the chicken and cream sauce, baked some frozen Pillsbury biscuits and all is ready. Time to eat...
View attachment 640652

Those who were here raved about the chicken and sauce. Some were not thrilled with the beets, but my wife, myself, and her mother love them. These were really fresh and looked fantastic so...
WOW!! Great looking dish. I love beets but have never used the stem but I will next time around.
I had some in the freezer and after looking around on here and the interweb, I decided on a recipe I found on eatwell101...Garlic Chicken Thighs in Creamy Mushroom Sauce. Biggest change I made was grilling the thighs instead of pan frying. Here we go...

The lineup...

Thighs seasoned with course salt & fresh cracked black pepper...
View attachment 640643

Diced onion, 3 cloves chopped garlic, sun dried tomatoes, sliced mushrooms. Heavy cream, unsalted chicken broth, and grated parmesan cheese not in the picture...
View attachment 640644

Grilled the thighs over lump until cooked and a char on both sides. About 5 minutes on each side...
View attachment 640645

Sautéed mushrooms in olive oil and butter until browned on both sides. Added the garlic for a couple of minutes then the onion and cooked until translucent. Next added the drained tomatoes for a few before adding a couple of cups of unsalted chicken broth...
View attachment 640647

After reducing for a few minutes, reduce the heat and add the heavy cream and simmer for a couple of minutes until it thickens. Stir in the parmesan cheese and taste for seasoning. Once the cheese has melted, add in the chicken...
View attachment 640648

Next up is fresh beets. Peeled the roots and cut into ~1" cubes, chopped the stalks, separated and washed the greens...
View attachment 640649

The roots were coated with EVOO, course salt & cracked pepper, and roasted in a 450℉ oven until tender and slightly browned on the edges. The stems were sautéed in EVOO until tender then the greens were added until they wilted. Seasoned with course salt & cracked pepper...
View attachment 640650
View attachment 640651

Boiled up some pasta for the chicken and cream sauce, baked some frozen Pillsbury biscuits and all is ready. Time to eat...
View attachment 640652

Those who were here raved about the chicken and sauce. Some were not thrilled with the beets, but my wife, myself, and her mother love them. These were really fresh and looked fantastic so...
WOW!! Great looking meal. I love beets but have never used the stems. I will try them next time around.

Man nice meal! I’d say hard to beat thighs in a creamy shroom sauce. I always loved beets growing up. I’ve not used beetroot before, does it taste like beets?
Thank you, Jeff. Fresh beets don't taste like the canned ones I grew up being served. To me, they're kind of sweet...

Reactions: jcam222
WOW!! Great looking meal. I love beets but have never used the stems. I will try them next time around.
Thank you. I usually toss the stems and leaves, but these looked so good that I just had to cook them and they were good...

I'll try anything once Charles...so a small helping of the beets and LARGE plate on the chicken and pasta cream sauce please!

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky