Boneless leg of lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Roundtrip

Original poster
Jun 24, 2019
New York
I've used this forum for advice in the past but this is my first post. I got a boneless leg of lamb from Costco and want to smoke it. I've seen some suggest a marinade before the rub, seen mesquite wood suggested, and have seen some suggest even dropping a few sprigs of rosemary directly onto the coals along with the wood. I'd love your suggestions. Here are my two major questions: can I smoke as is or do I need to do any trimming? And most importantly, do I leave the netting on or do I loosen it up/remove it for the smoke? Thanks, all.

Here is the Boneless Leg of Lamb recipe I use from Malcom Reed. It's towards the bottom of the thread. Since then I've adjusted a bit more to compensate for uneven thickness allowing the IT to go up another 5º before pulling from smoker.

I usually untie and trim any thick fat. retie if you want the end product to look more like a roast. I have done it re-rolled and cut into similar thickness pieces. both work well. the advantage of unrolled and cut is my wife like her meats more done than I do. so i can cook the thick pieces rare and the thin ones more medium. OR she gets the ends of the roll and i get the rest. both are a win.

I love the Costco boneless leg of lamb. Sear it hot for 30 minutes and then drop the temp down to 350 till the internal hits 145. I leave it butterflied on the grill.

YUM! I have done it the same way. my nect one Im gonna reverse sear. smoke it to about 110-120 ish then grill fast at high temp for a sear. I think - dont hold me to it. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky