Boneless leg of lamb/ this weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motolife313

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2016
934C69F1-ED47-408F-8F6F-27674F53F784.jpeg
My dad told me his friend said that the boneless leg of lamb was the best thing he has smoked. What cut is this btw because I’m actually not sure? Back thigh I’m guessing. Possibly shoulder but not sure

Thinking I wanna brine it for a day but not sure what to cook it to temp wise because I’m not sure what muscle group it is lol. So any advise would be nice thanks! From Costco btw. I’m sure I could just call and ask tomorrow but I got u guys :)

Don't mind me, I am just here to eavesdrop on the conversation, for the next time our Son request lamb.

That is a boneless leg of lamb from the back of the lamb that has been netted
So primarily you will have 3 large muscle I have never done any brines on my legs that I smoke. . Lots of different ways to go : SPOG with some rosemary, spike with garlic and rosemary by cutting slits into it and Inserting openings. Smoke forabout 4 hrs or Until internal temp is 130 for medium rare let rest and slice across the grain ( short side to short side )to serve
Good luck
PABEEF

Wow the lamb looks fantastic!
I like the fish as well but I don't eat nearly enough fish. I might have to buy some this week :)

Reactions: motolife313
Thanks for the compliment! It was even better next day. If u have a Costco membership there salmon cut up into about 3”x5” with this yummy green sauce is really good. Best salmon I’ve had. The salmon I in this smoke was not that good. Kinda mushy. The one from Costco flakes apart.

Moto That looks GREAT, Big Like for sure. I picked up a boneless leg of lamb 2 weeks ago to do out here at work. Been waiting to do, One of the guys I work with will be back around the 28th and is a big lamb fan as well. We have been bouncing ideas off of each other to do out here to change things up.

Thanks! Smoked it to IT of 142 and usually cook at 225-250. Time I don’t Remember. Usually take pic of my fire box and that’s when I start the time since I toss the meat in the smoker first but I think I deleted the pic. I think it was 3-4 hours. 4 sounds about right. It was good and tender.

That needs to be at least 160 to be at it's best. NEVER eat red lamb! Try it, you'll find it fall off the bone tender!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky