Bone in, Skin on, Chicken Breasts on the Rec Tec

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin' in AZ

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 13, 2019
Chandler and Show Low Arizona
First thing I did was make a homemade Italian Parmesan bread to put the sliced chicken on after getting buttered up. Something about fresh chicken on fresh buttered bread tastes so good.

IMG_20200721_152433559.jpg

IMG_20200721_152527804.jpg

I have figured out that if you do skinless on the pellet smoker you end up with a tough outside skin, so I pick up bone in, skin on, chicken and turkey breasts when I want to do them in the smoker.

So I seasoned them up with Jeff's Rub and rosemary under the skin, and dry marinaded them in the vac seal marinader for a couple of hours. The top one had it under the skin but caught some of the rub when I did the lower one.

IMG_20200721_150003205.jpg

Then onto the smoker @225 with Lumberjack competition pellets. Some Nice TBS!

IMG_20200721_154117431.jpg

Just over an hour into the cook.

IMG_20200721_165136510.jpg

Out of the smoker and into the house.

IMG_20200721_172748117.jpg

Sliced up ready to plate.

IMG_20200721_173134140.jpg

And the infamous money shot! Leftover beans and smoked sausage with cut green beans.

IMG_20200721_173427432.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

Stay safe out there!

John

Damn fine looking meal right there buddy!! Chicken looks great but those beans and sausage really got my attention. Great job my friend!!

Robert

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
What a beautiful piece of work John, I'd be thrilled to be sitting down to that meal, big Like! Seems like the RecTec is working quite well enough to pull that great meal off. RAY

That chicken looks great. I bought my first breadmaker in 1989, the old mini R2D2 look a like from DAK and have been baking bread with various machines since then. Gotta love the smell of fresh bread in the house.

Fantastic looking plate. Skin on is the only way for me anymore on the pellet. Can crank high heat towards the end or just peel skin off if desired.

Some good looking chicken right there! And a fine looking plate also. Nice job! Gotta find time to try that bread.

Ryan

Wow John that chicken looks really good man! Nice job on those breasts. And you have become quite the quarantine baker! Bread looks amazing!
Thanks for the like John, and nice comments
Damn fine looking meal right there buddy!! Chicken looks great but those beans and sausage really got my attention. Great job my friend!!

Robert
Thanks for the like Robert, kind words. Yes we made a full meal out of the beans the night before, this was the leftover.

Nice looking meal there John!
Thanks for the like JL, just so happens those are my initials as well.

What a beautiful piece of work John, I'd be thrilled to be sitting down to that meal, big Like! Seems like the RecTec is working quite well enough to pull that great meal off. RAY
Thanks for the like Ray, and it is working but still getting temp spikes and support is giving me the run around....

That chicken looks great. I bought my first breadmaker in 1989, the old mini R2D2 look a like from DAK and have been baking bread with various machines since then. Gotta love the smell of fresh bread in the house.
Thanks Bytor, I have only been at it for a couple of months, but am liking it. My wife had one when we first met and she used it but I did not.

John

Nice john. Looks delicious.
Thanks Jake appreciate it!

Nice cook John . Bone in skin on chicken breast are great on the smoker / grill .
Thanks for the like Rich, and yes I agree bone in skin on when smoking/grilling!

All looks great to me John! Like Robert I really am drawn in by those beans and sausage!!
Thanks Jeff for the like, and those beans were really good with the smoked sausage....

Fantastic looking plate. Skin on is the only way for me anymore on the pellet. Can crank high heat towards the end or just peel skin off if desired.
Thank you WR for the like, and I do not eat the skin anymore due to the fat content, used to love it though.

Some good looking chicken right there! And a fine looking plate also. Nice job! Gotta find time to try that bread.

Ryan
Thank You for the like Ryan, and nice comment. And when you do the bread post it up, I would like to see it!

John

Nice plate lunch
Love bone and skin in chicken. Wife gets it for thighs, but likes the breasts ... less.
You nailed it with the bread. Most of us idiots can cook a chicken?
Thank you for the like Fueling Around, and kind comments!

Looks great John!
Nicely done!
Al
Thanks for the like Al, appreciate it!

Very nice John! Been eating chicken all week, but I'd tear that plate up!
Thank you for the like Joe, it was pretty tasty.

Yes sir a fine looking plate. For sure nothing beats fresh hot bread and butter.

Warren
Thank you for the like Warren, it's a favorite around here.

John
Fantastic looking Meals I'm seeing!!
Nice Job, John!!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky