Bone-In Pork Roast - The Savory Way!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks outstanding.
I've been smoking butt's this way for a while now and really like them this way.
For people that want sweet pork I always have a sweet/ heat sauce for them. I'm not a big fan of sweet Que so this is perfect in my eyes.

That looks outstanding.
I've been smoking butt's this way for a while now and really like them this way.
For people that want sweet pork I always have a sweet/ heat sauce for them. I'm not a big fan of sweet Que so this is perfect in my eyes.

Thanks Fork! Having a variety in how pork is cooked really helps keep things “fresh” in my book!

Reactions: forktender
civilsmoker civilsmoker I forgot to mention nice profile grind on that blade.
Do you sell them? If so what type of sheath do you make for them?
What is the blade made of, as in what type of steel?
The knife looks like it would be great for skinning hogs and deer.... I like it!!!
I'd be proud to wear and use it as well.
Dan:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

civilsmoker civilsmoker I forgot to mention nice profile grind on that blade.
Do you sell them? If so what type of sheath do you make for them?
What is the blade made of, as in what type of steel?
The knife looks like it would be great for skinning hogs and deer.... I like it!!!
I'd be proud to wear and use it as well.
Dan:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks Dan!

You don’t thing you see a saber grind much these days but is very effective. I’m getting set up to do both leather and kydex ones.

The one above is O1 tool steel. my preference is 15n20,CruForgeV, or 1084 over the O1.

I’m going to make another one with a different handle that will either be out of 15n20 in satin finish or CruForgeV with a rustic forge finished flats and etched bevels. The handle I’m thinking is the one on the bottom. My son sketched it out. It is San Mai with a 15n20 and a 1084 core.
95808E25-2DF0-4985-82A1-96EDE4A50002.jpeg

I will send you a PM.

PS, I call this one the SUV knife.....it is a nice skinner profile as well. It is satin finished 15n20 & mesquite handle.
28861E95-4595-4284-BE10-28424F95A6C8.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky