Boar ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ringer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2019
Chickamauga, GA
So dad gave me some wild boar meat that was quartered. I am considering doing a cure on it and smoking it like a Christmas ham. Has anyone done this?

Does anyone have a good cure/brine recipe for wild boar?

I have done wild boar ham, but the hams were off little bacon bits.....30# piglets. Flavor was good, but with all the tough connective tissue, made eating difficult.

See my signature for wild hog ham....

I have done wild boar ham, but the hams were off little bacon bits.....30# piglets. Flavor was good, but with all the tough connective tissue, made eating difficult.

See my signature for wild hog ham....
Thanks for the tip on the connective tissue. It sounds like I probably don't want to go that route then.

I've done quite a few in the past. The big sows were always the best, boars seemed to turn out a bit too dry, not enough fat in them. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky