Block smoker build need advice please.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So far this is where we are at.
We decided to have a door made instead of the SS ones we bought. But that is not coming any time soon . On the smoker itself we still need to stucco and put the rest of the shelves and greatest. Any information would help.

Looks great so far, I am keeping tabs on this as I am going to be doing a similar one this spring. Great job.

Ok help please, the last 2 times we have smoked something there have been cracking in between the morter and the bricks not a lot and smoke doesn't come out, but hairline cracks. Please advise

bravo2.png
looks like you have a good start on your smoker build. As for the cracking makes me curious is it above the fire brick lining? or below? you may have to line the insides or not? watching what the other say...

In the fire box it's one line all the way around that small box and the whole inside has fire bricks lining it except the ceal ing on the inside, the roof on top of the fire box has a few hair line cracking and only one at the ^ seam where the smoke box and fire box meat dose it leak a small amount of smoke.
I'll get pictures today, we are doing ribs.
All so the smoke box has about 2.5 to 3 feet of fire bricks on the inside to. Thanks any advice

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky