Blackened Grouper dinner.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

binnesman

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 23, 2021
Went to the fish market today and got beautiful piece of of grouper and decided to blacken it. I used my on special Cajun recipe as well as made a scotch bonnet remoulade sauce. It was so good and yes I live in Florida grouper was fresh.

Attachments

• DFC9F505-9864-464A-9875-60ED8521EB2F.jpeg
    DFC9F505-9864-464A-9875-60ED8521EB2F.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 9FE5A2CA-234F-42A5-B4C3-2647B472E1BB.jpeg
    9FE5A2CA-234F-42A5-B4C3-2647B472E1BB.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 59
I've never had any type of fish "blackened"......But I'd give yours a try. Looks good.
Jim

Blackened fish recipe
3 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
2 Tbsp kosher salt
2 Tbsp granulated garlic
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp black pepper
2 Tbsp oregano
2 Tbsp thyme

I pulse it in a food processor can use it on chicken everything it’s amazing.

This is a little harder

Remoulade sauce recipe

1 Scotch bonnet pepper seeded
1 heavy Tbsp onion I just cut a chunk of of an onion
3 to 4 cups Hellmann’s mayonnaise
1 tsp Pickaprppa sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
Splash red wine vinegar
Some salt and pepper to taste

Put onion and scotch bonnet in food processor pulse add rest of the ingredients and blend till smooth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 36
Tried to give you idea of color I cook by taste always hard to convert lol but it’s close just don’t forget hard boil eggs

Reactions: kilo charlie
To use the Cajun seasoning put oil on fish can be anything Salmon red fish grouper cat fish ect… dust Cajun seasoning on both side heavy sear in cast iron both sides about 1 min both side finish off in oven for a few min. If you can do it out side I get the pan smoker hot it will stink up the house and I do add a little oil to the pan as well.

Also don’t Substitute any other pepper the scotch bonnet may be one of the hottest peppers but it’s also one of the sweetest and when you take the seeds and veins out it’s actually not that hot in a rich fatty mayonnaise.

Reactions: kilo charlie
Nice job on that Grouper binnesman. It looks fantastic

Point for sure
Chris

The grouper looks great.

A little history on blackening...
The "blackened" craze all started about 1980 with chef Paul Prudhomme, owner of K-Paul`s Louisiana Kitchen in New Orleans. He was the first to blacken redfish and it soon became a hit and his signature dish. Since then, about anything imaginable has been blackened.

Reactions: binnesman
Blackened grouper is my all time favorite fish sandwich, but I’m in Florida too, and many restaurants say they are giving you grouper, but it’s really tilapia. We Floridians know when we are getting screwed, but the tourists probably don’t have a clue. I don’t say a thing, I just don’t go back to that restaurant. Now your grouper looks fantastic!
Al

Reactions: binnesman
Thanks for all the great comments hope someone gives it a try. At least the Cajun seasoning

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky