Black Forest Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Way back i did some processing for a friend when we lived in Savannah, GA. I made black forest sticks.
During a few moves the original recipe has been misplaced.

So

Im making a small 1lb batch to see if i can come close.

This batch will be a dry style dark. Sorta like the old dutch country dark dry sticks that were very smoky, you could find these in the Lancaster county area at gas stations and such.
From what i know the company that made them lost their processor so the dark sticks were no more.

This is my mix for 1lb.
IMG_9950.JPG

The mix will fridge rest for a few hours then remixed and ready to stuff. This will air dry.
IMG_3033.JPG

I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of these. The concept of Black Forest sticks is intriguing to say the least.

Robert

Well i wish i could say they turned out good

But

I was taking these to the smoker for some cold smoke, set the tray on the top of the vertical and bumped the tray and they fell into the grass. I washed them off but decided to toss because of i dont know what kind of critters been in the grass and if i didnt feel good about eating them then nobody else should eat em.

Oh well it was only 1 pound.

I have a large mix,stuff,smoke coming up soon 10 pounds of willies and 10 sweet lebnun SS

• Haha
Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky