Biscuit Test

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike243

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 25, 2018
E Tn
I have read about folks testing their pits with biscuits,since its breakfast time I have thrown 4 on the pit 1 on each corner,fired up with LJ pecan with the temps set at 225 cooking 2 pork butts.they are Grands frozen and have never tried this before and may be the only taste test I do with them if it don't work out but fun to see what they do on different parts of the grates,unable to get 1 rite in the middle due to a 10lbs butt in the way lol

Ok right side runs hotter pulled the 2 on the right off and slide the butts over and when I did a piece of the fat cap stuck to the griate,Seeing a opportunity I snatch it up and the right front biscuit disappeared lordy it was great,

Attachments

• 93BD3C4F-00E4-4C18-A59E-D6CDB2D46ED2.jpeg
    93BD3C4F-00E4-4C18-A59E-D6CDB2D46ED2.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 1E3ACAAC-E443-43AA-AFE5-96FB3EF51E21.jpeg
    1E3ACAAC-E443-43AA-AFE5-96FB3EF51E21.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for sharing! I've heard of this and need to try it. I have a theory that the right side of my Traeger runs warmer.

How long did you have them on?

I would say in the 20 minute range was piddling and forgot to set timer ran the left side about 5 more minutes maybe theoretically with the heat shield higher on the left it should’ve been warmer than the right but with the fan blowing I dont know need to run it with a clear rack and therms to be exact

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky