Birthday Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CSR

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
Chicago
I'm the main chef of the family, so if I wanted a special meal on my birthday it was up to me, myself, and I. Out shopping yesterday and found a 10 lb bag of non-frozen wings separated for $1/lb and knew exactly what I wanted. Hit them with a small amount of chipotle dry rub and put them on the vortex for 1-1.5 hours. Sauced them with some generic hot sauce on the grill for the last 10 minutes and they were the best wings I have ever made. This was my 3rd attempt with the vortex and I'm not sure what I did, but I finally have this thing figured out. Going to need another 3-4 bags of these and freeze them up for future cooks.

Need to work on my photography skills....

60797577311__46D23962-BE98-4594-B2D3-0A9F780B1002.JPG
IMG_6338.jpg

Those wings look fantastic CSR, but 1.5 hrs. It only takes me 30 to 40 min.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW happy birthday!!!

Work conference call left them on longer than they may have needed. Will watch a little closer next time but can't imagine they are going to get much better!

Oh, yes! The wings looks great! Happy Birthday! Point for shure. You just reminded to me: I have a bag of previously SV-ed wings in my freezer...and they are ready for tomorrows either deep fry or bake. I didn't decided yet...

Looks great and happy birthday. $1 / lbs for separates wings? Was that at gunpoint?? Lol, great price

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky