Birthday Tomahawk: A Really Nice Meal (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome!!
Just can't beat a Rib Steak!!
You Full Time Chefs are Great!!!
Nice Job!

Bear...thanks so much my friend but I promise you, I'm not a full time chef. I'm just a back yard cook with a few toys, a job not related to food, and a bit of time on my hands. Good planning in advance is all it takes to turn out a really nice meal.

Robert

Looks fantastic! What a great meal to celibate your birthday! I totally get wanting to cook for your own b day instead of going out to eat. Im the same way!

Truly appreciate the kind words. So many of us seem to understand that a meal is SO much better when we prepare it ourselves.

Man that is one super fine birthday dinner!! Ribeye is my favorite steak by far and that ones perfect. Love a Cesar with any meal and I’m a huge fan of asparagus. The cobblers really put it over the top!! Great cook!

Very much appreciate it Jeff. The asparagus was about the best I've ever done. The almonds and cranberries were just over the top. Cesar salad is simple but decadent. We aren't big fans of creamy dressings n salads,,,except for Cesar. You gotta give the asparagus a try. It is outstanding.

My Kind of Meal, I like everything you fixed, You don;t have a house next door for sale do you !!!

Gary

Sorry, no houses next door. We own the lots on both sides of us so nobody can build next door :emoji_astonished: If you go a couple lots up though, you can get the land and build your own. I can help with that fi you wanna move to TX.

Thanks everybody!!
Robert

Looks like a fantastic Birthday spread Robert!

It was pretty tasty Steve, no doubt about it. The asparagus and cobbler set it over the top. Steaks are always good but this time, a couple of other components overshadowed the meat.

Robert

Dang you started thinking about this last Thursday plenty of time to send out invites. geeez
But I will say you did your birthday in style.

Warren

Very much appreciate it Warren. This was actually in the thought processes for well over a week. I kept bouncing back and forth on what to make, but finally decided on the menu. Next time I'll make sure to send an invite :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Another fantastic looking meal Robert, looks like a ton of work. I've done a port reduction on shrooms before, takes things to another level, love it. It's probably just me but that appears to be quite a bit of butter on the spargees, but I bet it was delicious! Like, RAY

Bowing humbly. Thank you Ray. Yes, a meal like this takes some work but in the end it was well worth it. The amount of butter in the asparagus was by design. I wanted enough in there for the almonds and cranberries to saute, break down, and the flavors meld with the asparagus. At the end though, there was very little butter left but a huge amount of flavor. Really good stuff sir!!

Robert

Bear...thanks so much my friend but I promise you, I'm not a full time chef. I'm just a back yard cook with a few toys, a job not related to food, and a bit of time on my hands. Good planning in advance is all it takes to turn out a really nice meal.

Robert

It's not just the Quality of the Daily Banquets you produce, it's also the number of meals you put out, of course I'm sure it does help that you obviously type with more than one finger. :emoji_laughing:
Must be at least 12 hours a day for your complete production schedule.
I'm glad you can do it, because we get the benefit, I just don't know how you can do it, if it's not your actual Job---No time for another job, and at 57, I doubt if you retired already, like some of us old Folks have!!

Bear

Robert you outdid yourself on this one. That steak is beautiful! Whole meal is top notch! Best birthday dinner I could imagine. Points all around! Again happy birthday my friend!

Thanks so much John. Means a lot my friend. I just with I had a dozen birthdays a year so I could have a reason to keep making meals like this one. My only concern would be that the creativity well runs dry and they become redundant.

Looking toward next year,
Robert

Happy Belated Birthday. We had Ribeye Steaks, yesterday, that were great. Nothing that matched the quality and courses of your meal. Looks pretty amazing my friend...JJ

I can't begin to tell you how much that means coming from you sir. I was hoping to see you chime in, but in all honesty, I wanted to see what your thoughts were about that crazy asparagus I made. Regardless, it was REALLY good!!

Jimmy is my mentor,
Robert

Actually the Asparagus caught my eye. I'm a big fan and eat Asparagus year round. Frozen is actually very good. I even will have cold Canned Asparagus with Italian Dressing, as a side salad. Your combination of Sweet Cranberry with the Salty Asparagus and Crunchy Almonds sounds like a great combination of flavors. Impressive!...JJ

What a beautiful, well balanced meal Robert! I really need to make that bourbon peach cobbler...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky