Birthday strip loin roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
It was my birthday yesterday and I had these two strip loin roasts in the freezer, so why not. I defrosted them for 2 days, spiced them up with pepper and garlic and let them sit in the refrigerator for another day uncovered
PXL_20220809_023449036.jpg

Smoked them in my smoke vault propane smoker for 3.5 hours at 180° for the first 2 hours then 200° for the emailing 1.5 hours. I pulled them at IT 130° and seared them on the grill for not very long.
PXL_20220810_030807241.jpg
PXL_20220810_030811107.jpg

I smoked them as long as I could get away with, to see how they would turn out, they were sliced the wrong direction because it was easier, at least that's what the carver said, I was already into too many glasses of wine to be trusted with a sharp knife. The pieces were cut thin and wanted as much smoke flavor as possible.

PXL_20220810_031251994.jpg

Also made some burnt ends with some American wagyu Chuck roast and some sweet baby Ray's bbq sauce. Don't have a picture of them when done, I already explained why.
PXL_20220810_000450119.jpg

Ah the best laid plans went awry due to a little wine! LOL. Looks good to me.
And congrats on the completion of another trip around the sun! May you have many more.
Jim

Reactions: Nefarious
Happy birthday and that looks amazing!! Just a beautifully cooked roast. Very well done...now to figure out what the next smoker is gonna be :emoji_wink:

Robert

Happy Birthday that beef looks great nice job

That's one fine lookin' cook, ain't nothing wrong getting properly lubricated on occasion, Happy Birthday! RAY

Ah the best laid plans went awry due to a little wine! LOL. Looks good to me.
And congrats on the completion of another trip around the sun! May you have many more.
Jim
Good thing I got to finish the cook, everyone really enjoyed It. Thanks

Reactions: JLeonard
Happy birthday and that looks amazing!! Just a beautifully cooked roast. Very well done...now to figure out what the next smoker is gonna be :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks, I'm leaning toward the RT700. I don't really need that much space, but it has more options than the smaller version. All I need to do is check if they support a mesh style network.

Nicely done on that loin and a happy birthday to ya Nefarious

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky