BIRTHDAY RIBEYE, ARTICHOKE AND FRENCH SILK PIE FOR DINNER!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Northern Arkansas-Banjo Land
Well it’s my birthday and I did it my way. A relaxing day off: working in my shop, drinking beer and a nice grilled ribeye steak for dinner.
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper for rub on the ribeye. Wife got two big artichokes to go with it. These where steamed until almost fork tender, then pulled and rested in the counter. Then put on the grill. Steaks were overdone…medium. I was shooting for medium-rare. (Blaming it on Rapps Barren Stout) Still good though. Artichokes were good. Made an artichoke dip to go with it.
Artichoke Dip:
Mayonnaise
Lime juice
Lemon juice
Dill
For dessert….wife made a homemade french silk pie. I had a small piece. Gotta watch my figure bathing suit season is coming up. 😂
Time for my birthday cigar.
5D7A5761-204C-4793-8604-2D517C2FCD7B.jpeg
BE2430F4-9618-40E8-AE09-B26B814AD3FB.jpeg
E1F6C576-FC95-4401-8B19-20EA005976B1.jpeg
7EF86830-0A91-4825-B4D6-58DAECC2FEAE.jpeg
9AF126E3-408C-4F7F-B33C-74B6AFB0F043.jpeg
43B6CC6C-44FD-4F25-8AFA-20C88BB645DC.jpeg
0C53199D-A7D0-4BD2-A30E-BEA15BFBFE6B.jpeg
02B5E6F8-B915-4D6A-B830-BBB164724783.jpeg

Attachments

• 230D635D-2A29-4E98-A82B-614A8677D0C9.jpeg
    230D635D-2A29-4E98-A82B-614A8677D0C9.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 2
Nice birthday treat, all around!

Been wanting to try grilling or smoking artichokes, like the dip idea.

And love the tiki mug!

Looks real good from here banjo-man. I'm glad you saved the best drink for last, and kudos on multi-tasking the beer pole.

I think ya got room in there for a bigger slice old buddy.

1678753756500.png

Excellent birthday all around, and happy birthday, Justin !!!!!

Nice birthday treat, all around!

Been wanting to try grilling or smoking artichokes, like the dip idea.

And love the tiki mug!

Well done fella, enjoy the day, I raise my glass to you! RAY

Happy birthday

Yum. Happy birthday

Great looking meal!

Ryan

Looks real good from here banjo-man. I'm glad you saved the best drink for last, and kudos on multi-tasking the beer pole.

I think ya got room in there for a bigger slice old buddy.

View attachment 660046

Happy birthday. Looks like a good way to spend it too me.

That’s a good day of birth for sure! Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday looks like it was a pretty good one

Yep…I’d say you did it up right! A good day and good eats!

Red

Sounds like an awesome day!
It was a good day. Thanks for the compliments guys. Now its back to work.

Aint no better way to spend your birthday. Relaxing, darn good looking steak, a few brews, and a cigar to top it off.
And I will say the wife did you right on that pie. I got a b'day coming up in october....Can I put my order in now?

Jim

Reactions: yankee2bbq
Aint no better way to spend your birthday. Relaxing, darn good looking steak, a few brews, and a cigar to top it off.
And I will say the wife did you right on that pie. I got a b'day coming up in october....Can I put my order in now?

Jim
Its soooo good! If your in my next of the woods she would definitely make one for you!
Very nice, that is a proper way to spend a B-day! Congrats!
Thanks!
Awesome birthday dinner my friend.

Warren
Thank you!

Well it’s my birthday and I did it my way. A relaxing day off: working in my shop, drinking beer and a nice grilled ribeye steak for dinner.
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper for rub on the ribeye. Wife got two big artichokes to go with it. These where steamed until almost fork tender, then pulled and rested in the counter. Then put on the grill. Steaks were overdone…medium. I was shooting for medium-rare. (Blaming it on Rapps Barren Stout) Still good though. Artichokes were good. Made an artichoke dip to go with it.
Artichoke Dip:
Mayonnaise
Lime juice
Lemon juice
Dill
For dessert….wife made a homemade french silk pie. I had a small piece. Gotta watch my figure bathing suit season is coming up. 😂
Time for my birthday cigar. View attachment 660024View attachment 660025View attachment 660026View attachment 660027View attachment 660029View attachment 660030View attachment 660031View attachment 660032

Looks good drinking happens lol I prefer my chokes boiled though and I use miracle whip cause it's so sweet.. MMMMMMM love me some artichokes their 3 bucks each here now sadly

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky