Birthday 2020 Smoke w Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Every year for my birthday I usually smoke up a whole bunch of stuff and invite the family and friends over. I get to play with the smoker and drink beer all day. This year my birthday was on a Tuesday so it got pushed to this past weekend.

Menu:
Pulled pork
Pulled chuck
Slaw
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Gary's Beans
Smoked Pepper Bacon Cheese Corn
ABTs
Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
Banana Pudding

Meat getting ready for some rub. 2 8.5 lb butts and a 5lb chuck.
BD1.jpg

All rubbed down. Butts were rubbed in Jeffs original and Chuck in thick worchestershire, monteal steak seasoning, and miners mix XXX garlic.
BD3.jpg

Put these in around midnight at 250 using char-hickory pellets. Looking good the next morning.
BD4.jpg

Mixed up a batch of cider vinegar buttermilk slaw.
BD5.jpg

Roma Tomato's, Cucumbers, Sliced Red Onions, and Feta Cheese.
BD6.jpg

Add some chopped cilantro on top.
BD7.jpg

Mix in the dressing and let it chill in the fridge for a little while.
BD8.jpg

Beans ready to go in the smoker.
BD9.jpg

Pepper Bacon Cheese Corn ready for the smoker.
BD10.jpg

Pulled chuck at 208 and butts at 204. Foiled wrapped and in the cooler. Beans/Corn rolling along.
BD12.jpg

Mixed up a batch of loaded baked potato salad.
BD11.jpg

Some of the Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs. A few got snatched up before I could get the picture.
BD20.jpg

Banana Pudding done and ready to go in the fridge. Yeah credit to Paula D on that one haha.
BD13.jpg

Watching the TBS and enjoying a cold one.
BD14.jpg

ABTS and stuffed mushrooms done. 2 hours at 250.
BD15.jpg

BD16.jpg

Chuck out of the cooler and ready to pull. Dump the juices in a cup. Skim the fat off the top and dump the juices back over the pulled meat.
BD17.jpg

BD18.jpg

One of the butts. Pulled the second one after the party. Pictures make it look dull but tasted a lot better than it looked.
BD19.jpg

BD23.jpg

Beans and Corn out of the smoke.
BD21.jpg

BD22.jpg

I had a really nice plated shot and my daughter was playing with my phone and deleted it. So this is the only one I got of a to-go plate my BIL took with him. In-laws brought some regular deviled eggs, sausage balls, and pasta salad to go along with everything.
BD24.jpg

Sorry was a little heavy on the pictures this go around except for the end. Pretty sure everyone was in a deep food coma after this one. It took everything we had to put the leftovers in the fridge for the night. Was a great late birthday and a long but fun smoke. Thanks for checking it out!

John

I love cooking like this. All sorts of stuff going on and all of it looks really good! What all went in the ABT's? I hope you had a happy birthday and I'm glad you got to enjoy family time as well.

Fred

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Nice spread! Its a lot of fun to make a bunch if different things like that. Cucumber salad looks awesome ! And the corn too . id like to give that a try sometime! Happy birthday!

Hey John, incredible spread there. You do a cook right! Plus you drink Stevie Nicks label. I can’t find fault in anything you post now. Care to share the recipe for the cider vinegar buttermilk slaw. I have to say I’m intrigued. Two big thumbs up and bravo.
G

Damn John...just DAMN!! That is one awesome spread of food my friend. Don't know that you could have done much more and I bet folks were thrilled with all that you did. I know I would have been :emoji_wink: My birthday is next week and I'm planning to do something nice but I'm not going to that extent.

Big LIKE sir for a great job!!
Robert

Looks great, smoked potato salad is loved around here. not that we are supposed to be eating them , try it some times but don't fix when you have other smoked stuff, its easy to not taste the difference if you have a big bite of pulled pork in your mouth lol

I love cooking like this. All sorts of stuff going on and all of it looks really good! What all went in the ABT's? I hope you had a happy birthday and I'm glad you got to enjoy family time as well.

Fred

Thanks Fred appreciate the kind words! Kept the ABT's pretty simple this time around. Cream cheese, cheddar cheese, some garlic pepper, and cayenne.

Superb John, A meal that Henry the 8th would be proud to sit down to. It's also good to see you stayed hydrated during that marathon smoke-feast.

Point for sure
Chris

WOW!! I am in mass food coma! everything looks so good!!! you killed it!!!

Thanks Dave! Yeah man I was about in a food coma again just looking at the pictures and posting them. Had quite a bit of PP leftover and was out in my freezer anyways so worked out great.

Nice spread! Its a lot of fun to make a bunch if different things like that. Cucumber salad looks awesome ! And the corn too . id like to give that a try sometime! Happy birthday!

Thanks Travis! Corn is a great side dish. Basically corn, red and orange bell peppers, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese. Toss in the smoker for a couple hours. Cant beat it!

holy crap John, that was quite the smoke you had going on there, everything looks great. looks like ya had a great belated b-day feast.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky